8.3.06

The joys of Wire

As I sat in the office waiting for the Westminster IT people to sort out my system username and email, I took some time to check out the council intranet, "The Wire"...

One of the funniest features was something called "pimp my desk" which featured photos of the desks of nine employees, with a other staff invited to vote on the worst. Here are some of my favourites:

Contestant number one
Contestant one - impressively disorganised, I bet small animals are somewhere in that mess

Contestant two
Contestant two - I wonder how long that cup of tea has been there

Contestant three
Contestant three - this guy looks like he hasn't tidied the desk in his entire life, definitely the winner for me




There was also a rather novel advert for the staff awards, the winners of which apparently become instantly disliked by their colleagues.

The IT department definitely won't be getting my nomination.








And last, but not least, was the photo library. All sorts of random images were up there, most being fairly pointless - but it was nevertheless amusing to browse. Here are a few classics...

Mean Machine
Mean Machine

Camera
"Don't you get the feeling we're being watched?"

Policeman
They've created a mutant half-policeman, half-innocent-bystander!

Sign
In case you didn't know what a sign was

Tourist
This photo is no way intended to be the visual embodiment of a well-known cliché

Bench1 Bench2
Last but not least, some beautiful bench shots from the aptly named "benches" section

"Westminster City Council - providing the best benches in London for you and your loved ones."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home